Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Johnny Appleseed Praise and Worship

"Learn it. Live it. At least when you're walkin' the orchard!"

This song, sung by Dennis Day, was part of the short 1948 Disney classic,"Johnny Appleseed"; A retelling of the story of John Chapman, who spent his life roaming America and planting apple trees, thus earning his nickname. Then entire movie can be found on Youtube under "Johnny Appleseed Song".

Lyrics:
The Lord is good to me
and so I thank the Lord,
for givin' me the things I need,
the sun and rain and an appleseed,
Yes, He's been good to me.

I owe the Lord so much,
for everything I see,
I'm certain if it weren't for Him
there'd be no apples on this limb.
He's been good to me.

Oh, here am I 'neath the blue, blue sky,
A-doin' as I please!
Singin' with my feathered friends,
Hummin' with the bees.

I wake up every day,
As happy as can be
Because I know that with His care
My apple trees, they will still be there.
Oh the Lord is been good to me.

(Another verse I found online, but not in the Disney movie)

Every seed I sow will grow into a tree
and soon there'll be apples there
for everyone in the world to share.
The Lord is good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment