This drawing lesson, for 3rd through 5th grade, requires students to first draw with black ink markers on white paper. The challenge is to draw many patterned spaces within the context of a larger theme. I have selected a scarecrow in a corn field theme for my teacher's sample above. After students have finished drawing their scarecrows, they may then color these in with a combined selection of metallic and regular ink pens.
More Scarecrow Art Projects:
- Preschool paper plate scarecrows
- Kindergarten scarecrows made with templates
- 1rst Grader Geometric Shape Scarecrows
- 1rst Grade Scarecrow Portrait Collages
- Under The Harvest Moon: scarecrows by first graders
- 2nd Grade Scarecrows: based on the book "Little Scarecrow Boy" by Margaret Wise Brown.
- 3rd Grade Scarecrows: fabric collage techniques