|Visit the Thrifty Scissors Today! Pin this image|
Although both the story's title and the character's name change in different languages, in English-language folklore "Cinderella" is the archetypal name. The word "cinderella" has, by analogy, come to mean one whose attributes were unrecognized, or one who unexpectedly achieves recognition or success after a period of obscurity and neglect. The still-popular story of "Cinderella" continues to influence popular culture internationally, lending plot elements, allusions, and tropes to a wide variety of media. Read more . . .
The coloring pages below are based upon a very old European fairy tale version of Cinderella called, "The Little Glass Slipper." I have redrawn and resized them for printing and coloring. Teachers and homeschoolers may print unlimited copies of these particular images for their classroom activities.
|In this coloring page Cinderella's step-mother made her do all the hard work|
of the house; scrub the floor, polish the grates, wait at the table,
and wash up the plates and dishes.
|This coloring page shows that Cinderella soon dried her tears; and when her godmother said,|
"Fetch me a pumpkin," she ran and got the largest she could find.
|Color Cinderella as she jumps up from her seat by the side of the Prince, rushes across|
the room, and flies down stairs, at the stroke of midnight.
|In this coloring page, the King's son decides he will marry the lady who is able to wear the glass slipper which was dropped|
at the late ball at the royal palace.
|This coloring page illustrates Cinderella consenting to become the prince's wife. Their wedding soon took place, the festivities attending it being the most splendid that had ever been seen in the kingdom.|
More Cinderella Coloring Pages:
- Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella
- Cinderella" (Aschenputtel)
- Cinderella Ballet, Bolshoi Theater, 1960
- Judi Dench and Julie Andrews version of Cinderella made in 1957
- Lotte Reiniger's Cinderella from 1922
- "Cinderella" book reading
- Kelsey imagines that she is Cinderella (adorable)
- "Cinderella" Christmas Panto
- "Ever After" starring Drew Barrymore
- Remake of Cinderella starring Whitney Houston
- "Elle: A Modern Day Cindrella Tale"
- "A Cinderella Story" starring Hillary Duff
- "Ella Enchanted" starring Anne Hathaway
- Three Wishes For Cinderella 1973, (full film)
- Cinderella Around the World
- Project Gutenberg compilation, including original Cendrillon
- Photos and illustrations from early Cinderella stage versions, including one with Ellaline Terriss and one with Phyllis Dare
- Parallel German-English text of brothers Grimm's version in ParallelBook format
- Follow my Fairy Tale Theme Board for Early Learning Centers
My favorite version of Cinderella from my childhood, "Three nuts or Three wishes for Cinderella."