Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Craft a Goldfish Turkey Collage

My teacher's sample of a Thanksgiving turkey made from left over Goldfish crackers.

      This Thanksgiving turkey is collaged with stale Goldfish crackers. Just download and print out my pattern below. Trace and cut the pieces out of a variety of orange, yellow, brown and tan construction papers. Then glue the crackers onto the tail feathers of your turkey pattern. I arranged these on top of ordinary white school glue and allowed the picture to dry over night before displaying it here. I also added a few little details to my turkey with a black permanent ink pen.



Points of View
by Abbie Farwell Brown

By a little girl.

I'm thankful for so many things
'Tis hard to name them all:
I'm glad that I am not grown up,
But still am nice and small.

I'm thankful that I live to-day,
And not long, long ago
Before my dear mamma was born,
And all the friends I know.

I'm thankful for my little pets,
For every doll and toy.
And, oh, I'm thankful I'm a girl,
And not a horrid boy!

By a little boy

I'm thankful that it doesn't rain,
So I can go and play:
I'm thankful that I'm growing big,
And bigger every day.

I'm thankful for a holiday,
For football, dogs and skates,
For candy and all sorts of things,
For our United States.

I'm thankful for my rubber boots
And that my hair won't curl.
And, oh, I'm thankful every day
That I am not a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment