- Black permanent markers, a variety of tip sizes
- 81/2'' x 11" white drawing paper
- extra scratch papers for cutting out stencils
- pencil and eraser
- a collection of fall leaves
- a variety of colored felt tip pens
- Students will first need to collect a minimum of seven leaves and trace around them to create their own stencils.
- After cutting out the patterns, students should then move them around an 81/2 inch x 11inch sheet of white drawing paper.
- The leaves should be large enough so that they will overlap a bit when traced onto the white drawing paper.
- Next the spaces which overlap should be filled in with solid black ink.
- Now challenge the students to draw a different patterned design in every remaining positive and negative space, neatly using black ink only.
- Students should ink in select parts of the designs only.
- After completing this part of the design project they may color in their fall leaf patterns with an assortment of colors representing an Autumn color palette.
- Scarecrow art lesson emphasizing line and patterns
- Line Drawing Art Lessons: Owls and Cats
- Aztec and Navajo Triangles
- Zentangle inchies with hearts example
- Line art city and clouds example
- Positive and Negative hands example
- Black and White House Sculpture examples
- 6th grade Geometric Composition Project
|Above, the hand colored finished fall leaf, art assignment.|