This bulletin board hung in the front hall corridor of the school I worked in during 2012 - 13. I love finding ways to incorporate ordinary things into life long lessons. Conversation heart shaped candies have been produced by Necco since 1866 and sold in drug stores and grocery stores all over America during the month of February for Valentine's Day. This teacher took an ordinary cultural artifact and used it in her classroom to teach character. Get it, character lessons based upon conversational hearts? Oh, well, maybe her students will remember the ideas taught with this little object lesson whenever they pick up a box of conversational hearts.
More Lessons Taught with Conversational Heart Shaped Candy:
- Designing graphs with conversational heart shaped candies
- Activities designed using conversational hearts
- Conversation Hearts Lesson from teachers.net
- 12 Fun Ways to Use Conversational Candy Hearts
- God's Conversation Hearts Bulletin Board
- Upper and Lowercase Letters: Heart Matching
- DIY: Scripture Conversation Hearts
- Kids of Integrity
- 20 Strategies to Help Your Children Develop Good Character
- Raising Children of Character: 10 Principles
- Ways to Build Character in Children
- Character at KIPP
|I love this Valentine door decoration! It was hung on the door of our teacher's lounge at the school where I work.|
The teachers posted their pictures inside of the cupcake liners in order to fill the giant box of chocolates.
- A sweetheart train by Mrs. Mead and Loads of Love
- Take a peek to see who's sweet
- How sweet it is to be loved by you!
- Sweethearts - true love Valentine bulletin board
- A school filled with love - fish Valentine bulletin board
- A candy kiss Valentine bulletin board
- We Toad-A-Ly Love Preschool
- I Love You This Much - for a Christian Elementary School
- Love themed bulletin board using scripture
- "Bee" My Valentine Bulletin Board
- Everything Grows With Love Bulletin Board
- "We have a minion reasons to love our"
Wildcats(replace with school mascot)
- Post Your Valentines Bulletin Board
- "All You Need Is Love" for a music classroom
- "Love to give a helping hand" Valentine Bulletin Board
- "Love Your Library" very cool Valentine Bulletin Board
- 100 Reasons to Love Bulletin Board
|These big and beautifully painted Valentines were created by first graders in our school.|
Their teacher decorated a large bulletin board hanging just outside her classroom with them.