Thursday, August 6, 2020

The Apple Rhyme

THE APPLE RHYME
Author Unknown
In my garden grows a tree
Of apple-blossom, where for me
A blackbird perches every day, 
Sings his song and flies away.
So since fairies make for birds
Music out of fairy words,
I have learned from it a rhyme
For folk to sing at apple-time,
Which (if you live where apples grow),
You'll find a useful thing to know.


Apple Time
Author Unknown
Shower-time, flower-time, earth is new and fair;
May-time, hay-time, blossoms everywhere;
Nest-time, best time, days have longer grown;
Leaf-time, brief time, make it all your own;
Berry-time, cherry-time, songs of bird and bee;
But, of all the happy times, apple-time for me.
Wheat-time, sweet time, in the closing year;
Sheaf-time, leaf-time, now will disappear;
Yellow ones and mellow ones, dropping from the tree;
Rusty Coats and Pippins, apple-time for me.


In Apple-Time
Author Unknown
When the red is on the apple,
And the apple 's on the tree,
When Myrtilla with her basket
Flings a saucy glance at me,
All the joys of all the seasons
Ripen in a rosy glee,
When the red is on the apple,
And the apple 's on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment