Friday, December 10, 2021

Jimmie's Letter To Santa

 JIMMIE'S LETTER TO SANTA

Dear Santa Claus: If you could bring
A patent doll to dance and sing;
A five-pound box of caramels;
A set of reins with silver bells;
An elephant that roars and walks;
A Brownie droll that laughs and talks;
A humming top that I can spin;
A desk to keep my treasures in;
A boat or two that I can sail;
A dog to bark and wag his tail;
A pair of little bantam chicks;
A chest of tools, a box of tricks;
A scarlet suit of soldier togs;
A Noah's ark of cats and dogs;
A bicycle and silver watch;
A pound or two of butter-scotch;
A small toy farm with lots of trees;
A gun to load with beans and peas;
An organ and a music-box;
A double set of building-blocks-
If you will bring me these, I say,
Before the coming of the day,
I sort of think perhaps that I'd
Be pretty nearly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment