Sunday, September 15, 2024

The Butterfly's Message

 The Butterfly's Message by Reho

I found a poor butterfly under a tree,
So crushed and so injured
'Twas painful to see;
No bright pretty colors all over its wings,
And never again the sweet message it brings,
Of 'Spring, happy Spring,' shall be borne on the 
air,
For slowly 'twas dying midst all things so fair.

I lifted it tenderly up from the ground,
The dainty wings broken,
I very soon found
A sad little flutter. No more it will rise
Or float in its beauty toward the blue skies.
The thing we call life had escaped from my
hand,
A something so wondrous I can't understand.

Then wrapt in a fern-leaf, beneath moss and 
flowers.
I put it quite safely,
Where soft summer showers
Will whisper the violet how it has died;
And primrose and snowdrop shall bloom by its
side.
Repeating the message of 'Spring, happy Spring,'
That all the bright butterflies bear on their
wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment