Friday, September 20, 2019

My Choice

MY CHOICE

[Recitation for a lower-grade boy ]

Now, Christmas is a lot of fun,
When old Santa comes around,
And Christmas trees and holly
Deck 'most every store in town.
I like'to hear the lovely carols
And the tinkling of each bell;
But there's something coming now
I like more than I can tell.

Thanksgiving is a glorious day
On which to thank our Lord
For the blessings he has given,
From out his lavish hoard.
I like Grandma's good dinner, too,
On that bounteous fall day;
But there's another day, I'd pick.
If I were to have my say.

Old Halloween's the day I like,
With witches, owls and cats!
I like the shaky scarecrows,
With their queer old coats and hats!
I like the jack-o-lanterns,
With faces funny as can be.
In fact, I like, on Halloween,
Every single thing I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment