Friday, July 28, 2023

The Selfish Oyster Crabs

       You know, I think oyster-crabs are perhaps the most selfish of all the sea animals," began daddy. ''The oyster-crabs really belong to the crab family. They are called oyster-crabs, however, because above all things they love the juice of an oyster and absolutely live on it. And what I am going to tell you about now is the way they get it.
       "First of all, the oyster-crab hovers around the oysters and then picks out a nice, fat, juicy looking oyster, saying to himself: ''You look as if you could feed me well without any effort. I think I will crawl into your shell.' So then he crawls right inside the oyster's shell and proceeds to enjoy himself. He prefers just to 'sponge' on others, as the expression goes!" 

More About Oysters:

No comments:

Post a Comment